Just a reminder, this week (Dec. 6 – Dec. 12) Caregiving.com is having it’s annual, “Progressive Blog Party 2015.” If you have not had a change to click over and follow the many site participating this year you still have time. Many of the sites are having raffles for coaching sessions with Denise Brown from Caregiving.com, books, gift cards, coffee mugs with goodies, even cash. Here is a list of just some of the sites involved in this years party. So don’t miss out on another exciting year of caregiving, thoughts, ideas, hints, problem solving tips and much, much more. I look forward to seeing you there.
Caregiving.com Progressive Blog Party Participating Members Directory:
- The Caregivers’ Living Room: Donna Thomson writes about the ethics and economics of giving and receiving care.
- CareGiving.com: Our bloggers will post throughout the week so be sure to share your story in our comments section. We’re giving away a daily gift (a copy of our newest eBook, Good Morning! to You) as well as prizes at week’s end and a grand prize–one winner will receive three coaching sessions with me (a $255 value). We’ll keep you posted if we add more gifts during the week.
- A Day in the Life: Jane’s personal blog shares her days as a family caregiver. Jane also blogs on CareGiving.com.
- Easier Living: Whether you’re recovering from surgery, or suffer from a chronic illness, Easier Living is your one-stop community for home healthcare supplies, caregiving resources and information. Easier Living is donating a Caregiver Pack, which pampers the family caregiver. The pack, a $50 value, includes 1 pair of Gel Ultimate’s Moisturizing Booties; 1 pair Gel Ultimate’s? Moisturizing Gloves;
1 Thera-Band® Foot Roller; 1 IMAK® Eye Pillow; 1 two-ounce container of Therapy Putty.
- Pick Your Pain: Richard, who cares for his brother-in-law and mother, blogs about his own chronic pain as a result of a car accident 21 years ago. Richard also blogs on CareGiving.com.
- The Purple Jacket: Chris blogs about caring for his partner, The Little One. The Purple Jacket signifies a time in my life that was–and still is–“a life changing event.” The Purple Jacket is dedicated to all caregivers and their survivors. We just can’t do it alone! Chris also blogs on CareGiving.com.
- Robert’s Sister: Trish Hughes Kreis is a freelance writer and full-time Legal Administrator who blogs about caring for her disabled, youngest brother, Robert, caregiving and epilepsy on www.robertssister.com. She is also an ardent advocate for quality care in care facilities as well as benefits for the working caregiver. Her brother, Robert, lives with intractable epilepsy and currently lives in a care facility. Robert is a man of faith and believes his life’s purpose is to spread awareness and education about epilepsy. He also lives in the moment enjoying simple pleasures such as watching Jeopardy, eating Rocky Road ice cream and beating his sister at card games. Trish contributes to the online Assisted Living Directory and the Emblem Health “What Care Feels Like” micro site and has been published in Today’s Caregiver. She is editor and contributor to the CareGiving.com CareGifters book series and also is the author of her own caregiving book, Forever a Caregiver. Aside from the blog, she can be reached on Facebook (www.facebook.com/robertssister), Twitter (@robertssister1). Trish is donating an autographed copy of her book, Forever a Caregiver. Trish also blogs on CareGiving.com.
- SandwichINK: Kaye Swain, elder caregiver and grandmother, shares resources, information, and Christian encouragement for the Sandwich Generation, busily juggling the multi-generational issues of caring for the elderly parents and relatives in their family while still raising children or babysitting grandchildren. (FYI: This is Kaye’s fifth year participating in our blog party!) Kaye is donating a $10 Amazon.com gift card to one lucky winner.
- Thief Lewy Body Dementia: Kathy’s personal blog that takes a non clinical look at caregiving for her Hubby who was diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia in 2007. Spreading awareness, offering support and sharing her faith. Kathy also blogs on CareGiving.com.
- You Mean, Besides the Cancer? Bob Marcotte is a musician, photographer, author and caregiver. Unlike his other job titles, the caregiver job title came without training and with little notice. Now, it’s the job title he’s most proud of. He lives in California with his wife, Carole, who is still recovering from her massive surgeries. They are guarded and kept company by their two dogs and a cat, all rescued animals. After the Stanford medical miracle, perhaps Carole can be considered ‘rescued’, too. Bob is donating a copy of his book, You Mean, Besides the Cancer? Bob also blogs on CareGiving.com.
Just some of the website where you can find these participants: